REPORTS TO: PRODUCTION MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
Under general supervision of the Production Manager, the Stagehand will perform work as needed to maintain and prepare lighting, sound, and audio-visual equipment for events in Capital One Hall.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Setup for events using in-house audio/visual equipment.
- Operate spotlights for shows when needed.
- Unload and load client trucks as required.
- Basic flyrail operation.
- Equipment changeover between shows.
- Move scenery on and off stage per show needs.
Position requires ability to:
- Demonstrate proper knowledge and use of all procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment, and tools used in technical construction and maintenance
- Demonstrate proper knowledge and technique in the use of lighting, sound, audiovisual, and rigging equipment used Capital One Hall
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered while working
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written forms.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or G.E.D. or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company’s sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.