Audio / Visual Technician
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
ASM Global - the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Audio/ Video Technician Lead at Capital One Hall. The Audio/Video Technician will work with the Production Manager to supply superior sound and video content for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for live sound engineering both FOH and supervising all touring engineering.
- Responsible for execution and supervision of all video content.
- Troubleshooting and repair of all audio and video equipment.
- Installs and replaces audio equipment as required by the various events.
- Inspects and evaluates all audio equipment to determine its effectiveness and general usage.
- Inspects and evaluates all video equipment to determine its effectiveness and general usage.
- Advises management of improvements needed and recommends purchases when necessary.
- Participates in all stage-related duties including stage set-ups, stage changeovers, and all stage-related duties as per the Production Manager.
- Provides additional support as needed for all shows.
- Works extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Other stage-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess advanced working knowledge of audio engineering practices and principles utilizing Yamaha PM5, PM3, and Allen and Heath consoles.
- Must possess advanced working knowledge of video engineering practices and principles utilizing Panasonic, Blackmagic video switchers, and Cameras.
- General knowledge of basic theater stagecraft
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and to work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, all levels of employees, Board of Directors, volunteers, patrons, and others encountered during employment.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends, and holidays as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other related standard office equipment.
Rational Acoustics Smaart – RTA software
Logic Pro - for Multi-track recording
Final Cut Pro
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Dante Networking Certification is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
- Must have the physical ability to maneuver around all areas of the facility at times walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
- Must be able to hear and speak to use a two-way radio.
- The ability to lift up to 75 pounds is required for this position.
- Ability to work at heights or from a man lift.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position nor does it confer any contractual right, either express or implied, to remain in the company’s employ.