Under general supervision of the Production Manager, the Rigging Coordinator will perform work as needed to maintain and operate and the flyrail system for events in Capital One Hall. The Rigging Coordinator will work with the Production Manager and the Technical Director on production rigging, advances as well as schedule the appropriate crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Participate in rigging advance for shows as required.
- Schedule crews are required.
- Supervise rigging and fly crew on show days.
- Operate and maintain flyrail systems as required.
- Assist in design of rigging systems as required.
- Work with Texas Scenic to maintain flyrail system.
Position requires ability to:
- Demonstrate proper knowledge and use of all procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment, and tools used in technical construction and maintenance
- Demonstrate proper knowledge and technique in the use of lighting, sound, audiovisual, and rigging equipment used Capital One Hall
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered while working
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, and other related materials
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written forms
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Candidate must have a current ETCP certification in Theater Rigging; additional ETCP certification in Arena Rigging preferred. Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of single-purchase counterweight systems as well as electrical hoist-based rigging systems. Theater flyrail installation experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company's sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
Free parking for employees.