Under general supervision, performs work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
· Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable wall, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
· Perform varies duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include, but not limited to, loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies.
· Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
· Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Position requires ability to:
· Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
· Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
· Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
· Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, or other light power driven equipment.
· Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
· Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
· Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
· Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
· Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
High school diploma or G.E.D.