ASM Global, the world’s leading venue management and services company, has an excellent and immediate opening for the position of Food & Beverage Manager- ASM Global/Capital One Hall. This individual will be responsible for catering execution, beverage and concession oversight of all events at Capital One Hall. This premier food & beverage operation of the facility will include fine dining, private catering, corporate events, concert concessions and similar type projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Hiring and Training of all FOH Catering and Concession workers, Cashiers and Bartenders with Director
· Hiring, training and managing bartenders and beverage service for catering events including leading the SAVOR alcohol safety programming
· Maintaining labor costs and budget goals
· Fulfilling the set up and service per each Catering & Concession Event Order (BEOs)and Beverage requirements for all events including but not limited to The Hall, The Perch, Starr Hill, and off-site events as needed
· Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations along with the Director, including organizing of cooking classes and off-site festivals and events
· Work hand-in-hand with the marketing department to develop creative promotions for concessions and bars throughout the facility
· Attend in-house event-related meetings
· Maintaining all FOH Catering, Concession and Bar equipment cleanliness and annual and preventative maintenance
· Maintain a Health Department score of 90 or higher
· Manages the employee TIPS (Training an Intervention Procedures) alcohol program
· Oversees input and updates electronic concession signage and sales displays includinginput for POS systems
· Daily interaction with all departments
· Visible on the floor for all events as assigned by the Director of F & B, interacting with bar staff and customers
· Responsible for ordering and maintaining all ABC/liquor, non-alcoholic beverage and concessions offerings for the facility as well as disposable items needed for the entire campus
· Inventory controls, counting and production plans
· Develop with the Director and Chef a wine list, bar programming and signature drink portfolio for the facility
· Manages the cash handling for concessions/bars as needed
· Manages Payroll for all FOH Catering, Concessions working with the Chefs on BOH when needed
· Provides dept. leadership in the absence of the Director
· Leads the charge on safety for the entire department
· Any other duties as assigned by Director of Food & Beverage
Manages and works under the direction of the Food & Beverage Director to supervise the catering and concession workers, cashers and bartenders. The Food & Beverage Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Skills and Abilities
· Skilled in service and prestation etiquette for a high-profile food operation
· Ability to motivate staff and create a team environment
· Must be flexible, have a sense of urgency, be able to respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues
· Ability to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment; manage several direct reports
· Knowledge of cash handling procedures
· Knowledge of inventory control.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check
· Ability to train and hire catering, concession and bar staff
· Must be able to work in an event driven business meaning: weekends, nights and holidays
Proficient in Microsoft Office platforms and knowledge of Banquet Event Order (BEO) and POS programs.
ServSafe certification current
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; be able to communicate effectively during a strenuous schedule. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.