ASM Global, the world’s leading venue management and services company, has an excellent and immediate opening for the position of Director of Marketing- ASM Global/ Capital One Hall. This individual will be responsible for leadership and creative development of the marketing and audience development team of Capital One Hall’s performances, special event and catering sales, and related functions within the property.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Capital One Hall is a multi-venue theater complex presently under construction at Capital One Center, located on the campus of Capital One headquarters in Fairfax County in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Capital One Hall features a 1600 seat performance hall, a 250 seat black box, a rooftop park encompassing a 200 seat amphitheater and an authentic Biergarten. The venue encompasses a spectacular Grand Lobby and Terrace, both spaces perfect for unique performances, pre-show activities, smaller musical acts, corporate gatherings and social events. This extraordinary, state of the art facility is located directly off the silver Metro line making it easily accessible locally and out of Washington D.C. proper. The anticipated performance season will run 12 months a year and will host a diverse, eclectic mix of entertainment including live music concerts, comedic acts, festivals and will proudly host many Fairfax County theatrical and symphonic groups including but not limited to organizations such as the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra, Washington West Film Festival and Ravel Dance.
Capital One Hall is owned by Capital One and will open in the Fall of 2021 and will be managed by ASM Global, a Los Angeles based company and a world leader in facility management who will operate this extraordinary complex in the best interest of its client, Capital One.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Directs the public relations image of the facility
• Establishes and maintains relationships with media, industry influencers and key community and strategic partners
• Stays up to date on concert, comedy and related entertainment marketing and the newest trends on advertising, using social, digital, geo-targeting, OTT, CTV, OOH, and related industry trends and targeting.
• Acts as a facility spokesperson and liaison with the general public as assigned
• Develops and implements an advertising and publicity campaign to create regional and national awareness of the facility in both the entertainment and meeting planner industries.
• Creates and supervises marketing plans for events when required, to include all available services: group sales, public relations, media placement, digital campaigns, direct mail, promotional development, non -profit opportunities, etc.
• Operates the department with a conscious commitment to maximum exposure for the facility and its events, through the most effective and efficient means possible
• Develops marketing materials and procedures to have the department function effectively as an in-house agency
• Aggressively seeks new contacts and maintains working relationships with all media representatives, civic and industry organizations, corporate promotional contacts, university officials and event and booking representatives
• Remains current on national trends in the industry and local market changes to best serve the facility
• Explores new avenues of revenue(s) for the facility including the development of events and sponsors.
• Develops and maintains the facility website, database and all social media.
• Effectively works with Executive Management Team to ensure the venue's success.
• Directs, hires and trains facility marketing staff
• Develops institutional marketing plans for venue and related food & beverage business in partnership with related staff.
• Prepares sales forecasts and monthly tracking reports
• Maintains statistical data pertaining to conventions and meetings held and booked, and their economic impact to the community
• Oversees all facility clients , including venue promoter and event producers, to ensure highest level of customer service for all external service providers
• Prepares annual budget for department
• Conducts regular marketing sales meetings with sales staff to discuss upcoming conventions, meetings, outstanding leads, and special projects
• Routinely reviews departmental communications, sales proposals, contracts and recommends improvements
• Work with Capital One Center team to support cohesive strategies with Capital One Hall.
• Creates Capital One Hall marketing benefits packages for sales, subscriptions and sponsorships in consultation with related parties.
• Often works extended/irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Organize and execute procedures and methodologies to run Capital One Hall as an in-house agency.
• Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Directly supervises Marketing, Public Relations, and Group Sales staff. The Director of Marketing carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with AMS Glboal’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or related field preferred
• Minimum of 7 years' experience in Marketing, Public Relations and/or Sales in entertainment industry or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Exposure to and familiarity with similar venues and/or ticketed business.
• 2-3 years supervisory experience
• Experience working with major market promoters, performance venue and/or media planners preferred.
• Experience working with entertainment / artists agencies preferred
• Experience in digital marketing
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Experienced with digital advertising and messaging platforms such as Facebook Business Manager, Mailchimp, and similar programs.
• Understand and ability to execute marketing monitoring tools such as google analytics, pixel embedding and create reports via data mining.
• Experience in media buying and understanding of expected trade and comp values of promotions.
• Ability to think “outside the box “ and create ticket sale conversion and patronage from forward thinking ideas while creating viral trends, social follower growth and institutional exposure
• Strong experience creating marketing settlements and prorating advertising buys across events.
• Ability to effectively supervise staff
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Ability to work irregular hours as dictated by the event schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must be a “Self-Starter” and have the ability to work with limited supervision
• Strong communication skills and the ability to read, write, and understand English
• Crisis management skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have working knowledge of spreadsheet software and work processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Must be internet savvy. Adobe Creative Suite is preferred. Basic HTML is preferred. Knowledge of digital media and social network platforms is a must (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Linked In, Trip Advisor, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; be able to communicate effectively during a strenuous schedule. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Send Cover letter, resume and any supporting advertising examples of media plans and event ads or other notable work to the supplied application link.