ASM Global, the world’s leading venue management and services company, has an excellent and immediate opening for the position of Director of Facility Accounting- ASM Global/Capital One Hall. The Director of Facility Accounting performs financial activities at the facility and oversees the finance department.
Capital One Hall is a multi-venue theater complex presently under construction at Capital One Center, located on the campus of Capital One headquarters in Fairfax County in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Capital One Hall features a 1600 seat performance hall, a 250 seat black box, a rooftop park encompassing a 250 seat amphitheater and an authentic Biergarten. The venue encompasses a spectacular Atrium and Terrace, both spaces perfect for unique performances, pre-show activities, smaller musical acts, corporate gatherings and social events. This extraordinary, state of the art facility is located directly off the silver Metro line making it easily accessible locally and out of Washington D.C. proper. The anticipated performance & event season will run 12 months a year and will host a diverse, eclectic mix of entertainment including live music concerts, comedic acts, festivals and will proudly host many Fairfax County theatrical and symphonic groups including but not limited to organizations such as the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra, Washington West Film Festival and Ravel Dance.
Capital One Hall is owned by Capital One and will open in the Fall of 2021 and will be managed by ASM Global, a Los Angeles based company and a world leader in facility management who will operate this extraordinary complex in the best interest of its client, Capital One.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as financial point of contact with Capital One and their respective financial department
- Directs the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law and ASM Global policies and procedures
- Maintains contact with ASM Global's Risk Management Department and Insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage
- Monitors and projects daily cash flow; reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements
- Reviews all purchasing of capital assets, office supplies and facility supplies
- Prepares, performs or assists with event settlements
- Directs system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems
- Directs developing and implementing all financial reporting, including: o Preparing financial statements for the Client and ASM Global Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Budget Forecasting, Annual Budget and Annual Report
- Installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures
- Maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses and insurance records
- Analyzes financial performance and cost analyses for all departments; prepares monthly financial statements
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
- Oversees preparation of Client and external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested.
- Oversees the year-end report of fiscal performance for the General Manager's report.
- Directs and delegates installation and maintenance of any new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property and other related procedures and controls.
- Prepares monthly tax filings for City and State (Admissions, Business, Meals, Sales Tax and Vending)
- Performs monthly close process including bank reconciliations, account analyses, and financial reports as assigned.
- Prepares Payroll and assists in human resources as directed.
- Manages Food & Beverage accounting procedures, including but not limited to, Event Settlements, Food Costs Calculations, Vault Reconciliations, Preparing Necessary Reports for the Corporate Office in Compliance with ASM Global's standards.
- Executes Artist and/or event settlements with finance team and manages application of corresponding deposits.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel
- Serves as Manager on Duty as required
- Works flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
- Oversees financial procedures of Box Office operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Directly supervises the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- 8 years experience in public accounting and/or financial management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background in the entertainment industry including show settlements, box office and ticket sale management preferred
- Food & Beverage accounting preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and manage unique and complex accounting situations
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting, experience in budget preparation
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours as dictated by the event schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel as needed
- Work with/maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel; Sage experience is required. ADP Software and ADP Etime experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certifications are required, CPA is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.