ASM Global, the world’s leading venue management and services company, has an excellent and immediate opening for the position of Box Office Manager- ASM Global/ Capital One Hall. This individual will be responsible for the day to day box office content and staff management
POSITION: BOX OFFICE MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: BOX OFFICE
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE / GENERAL MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
ASM Global, the world’s leading venue management and services company, has an excellent and immediate opening for the position of Box Office Manager- ASM Global/ Capital One Hall. This individual will be responsible for the day to day box office content and staff management. Additionally, work with key staff and promoters on the overall organization, settlements and builds of events at Capital One Hall.
Capital One Hall is a multi-venue theater complex presently under construction at Capital One Center, located on the campus of Capital One headquarters in Fairfax County in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Capital One Hall features a 1600 seat performance hall, a 250 seat black box, a rooftop park encompassing a 150 seat amphitheater and an authentic Biergarten. The venue encompasses a spectacular Grand Lobby and Terrace, both spaces perfect for unique performances, pre-show activities, smaller musical acts, corporate gatherings and social events. This extraordinary, state of the art facility is located directly off the silver Metro line making it easily accessible locally and out of Washington D.C. proper. The anticipated performance season will run 12 months a year and will host a diverse, eclectic mix of entertainment including live music concerts, comedic acts, festivals and will proudly host many Fairfax County theatrical and symphonic groups including but not limited to organizations such as the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra, Washington West Film Festival and Ravel Dance.
Capital One Hall is owned by Capital One and will open in the Fall of 2021 and will be managed by ASM Global, a Los Angeles based company and a world leader in facility management who will operate this extraordinary complex in the best interest of its client, Capital One.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide day-to-day supervision of all box office personnel, providing feedback and guidance as needed.
• Participate in hiring all box office staff: perform initial review of resumes, conduct interviews, and provide input and recommendations for hiring decisions to the Director of Finance and General Manager.
• Track attendance and address attendance issues with employees directly.
• Discuss performance issues with employees. Escalate to Human Resources as needed.
• Ensure that the daily transactions of cashiers, phone sales, and web-based sales reconcile with events outstanding per the general ledger, all source documentation, and ticket inventory maintained outside of the computer ticket system.
• Audit and reconcile cash drawers and sale receipts for all Box Office staff.
• Reconcile the cash vault, facilitate cash transport on and off property with outside vendor and order cash as needed for advances and settlements. Provide the Finance department with a certified event audit statement in a timely manner, to be used at time of settlement.
Create or Customize Event Builds in Ticket System
• Develop and customize seating and pricing configurations within the computer ticket system for each event in coordination with the promoter, production coordinator and marketing director. Modify standard configurations or create new builds from scratch for unique events or specialized needs.
• Foster business partnerships with promoters by providing information and assistance promptly and accurately upon request. Main point of contact for show ticketing information.
• Communicate with outlets and computer ticket company regularly and keep them properly informed about events and computer operations.
• Maintain files on each event that consists of production kills, seats on-hold for the building and promoter, complimentary ticket vouchers, event audits, and ticket inventory schedules.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
• Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience to include working in a box office supervisory position.
• Must have knowledge and experience with Ticketmaster ticketing system.
• Experience with Broadway or similar subscription management and group sales a plus.
• Ability to work under pressure, while handling large sums of money utilizing prescribed cash management controls and day-to-day tasks concurrently.
• Proficient with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Dependable, reliable, and punctual.
• Ability to work assigned and varying shifts and complete responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Ability to adapt and work effectively in various parts of the facility.
• Ability to work in various climates based on the environment.
• Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; be able to communicate effectively during a strenuous schedule. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Send Cover letter, resume and to the appropriate application link.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor