The Administration Assistant position is an entry-level individual who would answer incoming telephone calls, answer general information questions by patrons, sort daily mail, perform general office duties including typing proposals, general correspondence, etc. The candidate shall also serve as overall office manager by ordering office supplies, handling and managing office equipment maintenance orders and managing inner company meeting schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned).
- Answers incoming telephone calls, makes note of message and delivers messages and/or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions and information about events.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, announce visitors to appropriate personnel as needed. Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Receives, sorts, and routes daily mail.
- Maintains fax machines and postage meters and assists users by sending faxes and handling the daily mail process.
- Conducts general research, compiles and types statistical reports in Excel and Word.
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Performs other duties as needed, such as filing, typing, photocopying, and collating.
- Manages Intern scheduling for the facility
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma
- 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work unsupervised and to function both independently and as a team member
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to type proficiently and accurately at a speed of at least 55 WPM.
- Ability to use all office equipment, computer, fax and copy machines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to handle multiple tasks at a time
- Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have working knowledge of spreadsheet software and work processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.