Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as Special Events Department liaison between client and Director of Sales and Sales Managers after the point of contracting, keeping constant communication with the client and ensuring all elements of the event and service are understood and executed prior to client arrival onsite.
- Supervise the Catering Service Operation including Service Manager, Banquet Captain, Servers, Bartenders, and back of house service staff (excluding kitchen)
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, fine dining, strong food and wine knowledge and sequence of service. Communicates regularly with F&B department liaison on menu availability, updates, and ensures proper service standards and equipment at the event.
- Creates and manages BEOs within the venue’s booking system. Updates BEOs for Clients based on upsells, changes, and final event details and ensures final BEOs are signed and distributed to the Operational Managers prior to the start of each event.
- Creates staffing requests for all internal and external departments and ensures proper staffing levels are achieved prior to each event.
- Maintains deep catalogue of relationships with outside vendors and specialists that lead to preferred venue pricing to provide clients with easy access to upsell opportunities.
- Develops strong working understanding of event production needs and capabilities and assists the Production department with all aspects needed for an event.
- Coordinate all aspects of operational set-up and break down of events (equipment needs, rental needs, and station set-up
- Manage staff hours on site to ensure we are not exceeding our budget
- Oversee attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign responsibilities, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- Conduct Event Pre-Shift with onsite Managers and Team Members.
- Verify Deposit / Payments tracking schedules and ensures event is paid in full prior to the start of the event. Responsible for taking payment night of the event for all on-site additions and upsells.
- Proper execution and completion of all post event paperwork: Party Recap Sheet, Captain’s Report and Receipts
- Generate weekly calendar of client meetings and sales prospect to review with Director of Sales on a weekly basis
- Oversee preparation of monthly activity and sales reports
- Develop creative sales proposals, generate/track contracts and work with Executive Chef to develop customized menus to meet client needs and financial goals of our client
- Conduct facility tours and "tastings" for clients as necessary to secure business.
- Conduct Weekly BEO Meetings with F&B, Operations and Production teams to review and have a thorough understanding of all Service Order Confirmations
- Maintain strict timelines for information exchange between the Client and the Food and Beverage department and Operations
- Order and maintain all event equipment and inventory, providing biweekly par levels to Director of Sales
- Obtain permits as needed
- Perform other duties, projects and reports as assigned by the Director of Sales as deemed necessary to the growth of the business
Manages and works in tandem with the Director of Sales, Food & Beverage Director / Executive Chef to supervise the Food & Beverage operation as needed. The Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees as well as planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Relationships and client history within Washington D.C. , Fairfax County, and surrounding area events and businesses
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years catering sales experience, preferably with high volume property required
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience necessary to be considered
- Strong organizational and time management skills a must
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Extraordinary sales background including strong client base and must have sound negotiating abilities
- Diverse background in food and beverage industry, primarily in large banquet facility
- Strong Microsoft office skills to include, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work extended work hours/days on your feet
- Position does require you to work Irregular hours including nights and weekends, as dictated by catered events schedule
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Degree in business or related field preferred at an accredited institution preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to motivate and foster a strong relationship with food & beverage and core venue staff
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be a "Self-Starter" and have the ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Ability to work irregular hours as dictated by the event schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel as needed
Proficient in Microsoft Office platforms, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, and knowledge of Banquet Event Order (BEO) programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; be able to communicate effectively during a strenuous schedule. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.