Master Theatrical Electrician
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Master Theatrical Electrician at Capital One Hall. The Master Theatrical Electrician will work with the Production &/or Events Manager(s) to supply superior theatrical lighting for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for programming and operating ETC Eos Ti, Eos Ion, and/or Hog4-18 lighting consoles for shows.
- Supervision of all touring electricians.
- Hang, focus and program lighting equipment as required by the various events.
- Inspects, monitors and evaluates all lighting equipment to determine effectiveness and general usage.
- Advises management of improvements needed and recommends purchases when necessary.
- Help tour LD patch and connect to house sACN network.
- Works extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Other stage related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Lighting Design preferred.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in a venue.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess advanced working knowledge of theater lighting practices and principles.
- Programming experience on ETC EOS family of consoles.
- Additional programming experience on Hog4 software preferred.
- Proficiency in ETC Net3 Concert.
- Understanding of addressing and patching conventional and automated fixtures.
- Ability to confidently program a large-scale lighting rig with approximately 50 moving heads and over 100 fixed units.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and to work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Net3 Concert. Additional knowledge of EOS Paradigm is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
No certifications are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
- Must have the physical ability to maneuver around all areas of the facility at times walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
- Must be able to hear and speak to use a two-way radio.
- The ability to lift up to 75 pounds is required for this position.
- Ability to work at heights or from a man lift
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position nor does it confer any contractual right, either express or implied, to remain in the company’s employ.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.